Saturday, January 31, 2009

National soup month

Oh my goodness! I missed it. January, now a few hours from over, is National Soup Month! I did make and eat plenty of soup this month. I made chicken noodle twice, bean soup, that lovely butternut squash soup, potato soup, cauliflower cheese soup and more. We even ate soup from a can, something we rarely do - clam chowder and good old Campbell's tomato soup, which you must eat together with grilled cheese sandwiches. But somehow, I missed that I should be celebrating soup this month.

Not to worry....I finished this celebratory soup month with a bang. I made two soups today. Chicken noodle with home made noodles by request for a friend and a HUGE pot of corn chowder for tomorrow.

Wonder what food we're celebrating in February?

No comments: