Friday, September 25, 2009

Success!

For this bread, I will maintain my friendship bread sourdough starter!


Dense, chewy, and moist on the inside, crusty on the outside, with a hint of sour flavor. I think if I used half unbleached flour instead of all whole wheat, the sour flavor would be more prominent. But, I love the whole wheat goodness. This bread is going to be a standby! Baking it in the Dutch oven is easy as can be and I ended up with a huge loaf that looked, tasted and felt like an artisan loaf from the bakery.

This is definitely one to experiment with. How about whole wheat/unbleached with a bit of garlic and jalapenos; all unbleached with rosemary; all whole wheat with cinnamon and raisins....oooooh, lots of possibilities.

I also want to try the original recipe from which I got the idea for baking in the Dutch oven. It's here.

No comments: