Monday, October 22, 2012

Helps

I have several very dear young wife, young mom friends who are thinking hard about the food they eat.  Is it healthy?  Is it within the budget?  How do I do all I have to do and provide healthy, delicious meals for my family?

We've had quite a few conversations about this and I try and remember how I did things when I had a house full of little people.  It's easier now, with just Joel and Coty and me at home, but I remember the days of two grocery carts full.  Once the check-out lady at the Stop 'n Shop told me I needed a cow.  Yeah.  That didn't happen.

Back then, I had my strategies for meal planning and shopping, for keeping a well stocked pantry and making sure I had what I needed when I was ready to cook.  I wrote about some of those things here in the "What We Did" posts.

If you want more guidance, Leila has posted a wonderful set of worksheets to help with figuring out how to plan meals and then execute your plan.  She is so common-sense.  She has a big family, though like me, her children are mostly grown and no longer living at home.  She has done the work of putting her ideas down for you to use.  So, if you're needing some help, go visit Leila.  

1 comment:

Peg said...

not sure how I missed this a couple weeks ago! thanks for sharing Beth!