Monday, April 25, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake with Pretzel Crust

Yep, it's a long handle. But this cheesecake deserves it. It was one of my contributions to our Easter dinner with friends and everyone loved it, describing it with words like "decadent" and "sinful." Rich yet not cloying, delightfully peanut-buttery without being overpoweringly so, everyone agreed this was a "do again" and pretty close to a perfect cheesecake. Many thanks and gratitude to the friend who posted the link on an online forum! For anyone else who would like to experience peanut butter cheesecake perfection, here it is: Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe.
 

I made two slight changes to the recipe: I only used 4 packages cream cheese (which still makes a very large cheesecake!) and I used 2 full cups of pretzel crumbs instead of 1 1/2. Next time I will make sure my pretzels are very finely ground - I left a few chunks and those seemed a little stale. Other than that, I won't change a thing!

No comments: